Sell Inventory Command

Discussion in 'Survival Discussion' started by Octo, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Octo

Octo Member

Hi All,

Its Octo here, last night I had access to the /sell inventory command by mistake. I could sell anything that was in the shop and this was removed yesterday. I was informed by Rutger that it is an OP command and shouldn't have been allowed.

However, I would like to petition to have a permanent use of this command for players. This would allow players to quickly sell items in large quantities instead of having to teleport to the shop. It would save time for many and allow for a continuous growth of the economy. The money supply would increase thus allowing the demand for bigger builds and more materials to come into the community. Since the admin shop doesn't allow for a huge profit to be made, this command seems perfect for selling those small cost item for cheap and quick efficiency instead of a slow grinding process. The process may discourage players from growing the economy and trading money amongst each other.

The prices if becoming super unreasonable should become subject to change based on what staff deems appropriate to implement.

Please encourage staff to consider and put this command into effect as it would save time and headaches for a lot of players.

Thanks for your time,
    Octobabe

2. Sadie

Staff Member Manager

Yes, this command was removed as it's access was a mistake on our part. The prices have not been set up correctly, they are merely defaults, which is why the /sell command was extremely OP. While adding intentional use of this command will happen eventually, it takes a great deal of time to set up as I would have to configure each block with it's price in the configs. I do intend on doing this, but it will take some time and headaches on our end as well.

Regarding the prices, they would reflect the current prices of /shop. It is also very likely that /sell would be a donator perk, being that it is not a necessity, but a convenience.